ISU has an Identity Management System that verifies your username and password before letting you access secure systems on campus. This includes BengalWeb, Moodle, WiFi, and other ISU systems. In order to log into any of those systems, you will first need to claim your ISU username, set up a password, and answer some security questions.
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of Claim Your ISU ACCOUNT. This email will come to your Account Claim email address. (Note: if you did not get an email at your ISU email address and you don’t know what your Account Claim email is, contact the Service Desk (208-282-4357) and we will send the Claim Your ISU Account email to your ISU email account.) Click here to access your ISU email account.
When you open the email you will see instructions on how to claim your ISU username and setup a new password. Copy the Account Claim String, then click on the Claim Link to open the Password and Account Management Portal.
1. Enter Your User Information
This screen verifies your identity before setting up your account.
- Account Claim Email: This is the email address that the Account Claim Email was sent to.
- Account Claim String: this is the sequence of numbers and letters you copied from the email. Paste that information into the box.
- Date of Birth: Enter your date of birth in the mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Captcha: Check the box to indicate you aren’t a robot.
- Submit: Click Submit to go to the next screen.
Review the statement and the policies if needed, then click Accept. (Note: If you click Decline, you will not be able to complete setting up your account.)
3. User Details
This screen displays your assigned ISU Username. This name is based on the preferred name you gave ISU, and is not something you can change. Click Next to go to the next screen.
4. Manage Security Questions
This screen walks you through setting up five security questions. When you have chosen and answered five questions, click Submit.
- These questions are used if you need to reset your password. If that happens, the system will ask you to correctly enter two of the questions. We ask five questions here so that if you are unable to answer the first two questions, you will have further opportunities to submit correct answers.
- Clicking on the pencil icon (left of each question) allows you to choose a different question.
- Click on Show Answers at the bottom to see what you typed in.
- You can return and choose different questions and submit different answers in the future if you desire.
5. Create and Confirm Your New Password
Create a new password following the password rules. You will then re-type the password. Click Reset Password when you are done.
Once you have submitted an acceptable password, you will get a message saying you have successfully claimed your account.
- If the passwords match you will get a message saying you have successfully reset your password.
- If the passwords do NOT match, you will get a message asking you to re-enter your password.
- If your chosen password does not meet the Password rules, it will not be accepted and you will be asked to enter a password that does meet the rules. The screen will display which rules your password did not meet.